1. Crossbars on Energy Chains® are removable along both radii
2. Wide, rounded plastic crossbars - cable friendly
3. Optimum ratio of inner height to outer width
4. Lateral glide surfaces for side-mounted operation
5. Integrated strain relief possible
6. Locking or pivoting mounting brackets available
7. KMA mounting brackets with attachment points on all sides
8. New stronger version with "tongue-and-groove-design"
9. Numerous interior separation possibilities
10. Also available with reverse bending radius "RBR"
Available inner widths Bi: 1.97 to 15.75 (50 - 400 mm) Available bending radii R: 5.31 to 19.68 (135 - 500 mm) Pitch: 3.58 (91 mm) per link = 4 links/ft (11/m)
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 1.97 (50 mm) (for 1.34 lbs/ft (2 kg/m) additional load) We request you to consult in case of especially restricted space ratios.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed end Pitch: 3.58 (91 mm) per link Links per ft: 4 (11/m) Travel: S Chain length = S/2 + K
Dependency of the unsupported length on the additional load X axis: Unsupported length in ft FLB/FLG Y axis: Additional load in lbs/ft Lower scale: travel S in ft FLB = Unsupported with permitted sag FLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
Long travel lengths from 32.8 ft. (10 m) to max. 492 ft. (150 m)
If the unsupported length is
exceeded, the Energy
Chain®/Tube must glide on
itself. This requires a guide
A1 = Moving end
A2 = Fixed end
A3 = Guide trough with glide bar
A4 = Guide trough without glide bar
A5 = Total length of guide trough
In case of travels between 13.2 ft. (4m) and 32.8 ft. (10m) we recommend a longer unsupported length.
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
31 Widths and 8 bending radii
2 mounting bracket options
Interior separations in many versions
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
2. Intermediate shelves
Option 1: Vertical separators and spacers
Vertical separators are used if a vertical subdivision of the Energy Chain® interior is required. By standard,
vertical separators are assembled every other Energy Chain® link.
Observe a lateral spacing of at least 1.30 in. (33mm) for Energy Tubes and .63 in. (16mm) for
Energy Chain®. There is no minimum spacing needed for side plates
Standard separator 407 for Energy Chains® and
This separator offers safe stability due to its wide
base design, also when used with thick cables or
NOTE ON SPACERS
Vertical separators are adjustable, but can be fixed
in position by means of a spacer. Spacers are most
often necessary for side mounted applications.
The available inner height is reduced by .08” (2mm)
per spacer (for example if one spacer is placed on
either side of the separator, the overall inner height
is reduced by .16” (4mm). To avoid this, place the
spacers on the outside of the opening crossbar
(not for long travels).
With the various elements of the interior separation, the E-Chains® can be divided both vertically and horizontally. Side plates and shelves form the basic grid of an interior separation system. At the height grid of 0.28 (7 mm), shelves of various widths can be arranged in 7 levels. You can find recommendations for allocation in the section, Design data
1. KMA "pivoting"
2. KMA "locking"
Guide trough "Super-Alu", "Basic"
Guide trough "Super-Alu", "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
Components, trough "Basic":
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 6.56 ft. (2m)
2. Glide bar, plastic, 6.56 ft. (2m)
3. Glide strips, plastic, 6.56 ft. (2m) (without
glide strips on request)
10. Optional: Silencer profile, rubber
Components, installation set:
4. Bottom clamp, aluminum
5. profile rail, steel galvanized
6. Screw M8 x20
7. Sliding nut M8
8. Interface connector, plastic
Aluminum "Super Trough"- the igus® standard
The Aluminum "SuperTrough" is a modular guide trough system for long travels (when E-Chains® glide on themselves, as per sketch). Aluminum
"SuperTrough" is available in low cost "basic versions" and can be upgraded for heavy duty applications. This universal usage makes it the
igus® recommended new standard trough system.
1. Interface connector
2. Polymer glide bar
3. Bottom clamp
4. Glide strip
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 6.56 ft (2 m)
2. Glide bar, plastic, 6.56 ft (2 m)
3. Glide strips*, plastic, 6.56 ft (2 m)
5. C-profile, steel galvanized
7. Sliding nut M8
9. Bracket "Heavy Duty"
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M8 x 25
*without glide strips on request
1. Aluminium profile
3. Heavy Duty bracket
6. Silencer profile
1. Guide trough (blue) 2. Gliding rails (black) 3. Assembly set (red) 4. Individual fastening without C profile 5. Length of rail profiles
+ Simple assembly through assembly sets + 2-part version - adjustable to the chain width + Very stable + Cost effective + Large selection
Guide trough without gliding rails Part No. 94.30, guide trough with gliding rails Part No. 94.31
Assembly sets as joint connection Part No. 94.50. XX
Data protection declaration