1. Tried-and-tested firmly-locked mounting bracket2. Opening system for rapid opening3. Semi-enclosed Energy Tube Series 24504. Series 2400 and 2450 snap-open along inner radius5. Integrated strain relief possible6. Lateral glide surfaces7. Double stop dog
Inner widths Bi: 0.98 up to 4.92 (25 - 125 mm)Bending radii R: 2.17 up to 9.84 (55 - 250 mm)Pitch: 1.81 (46 mm) per link = 7 links/ft (22/m)
* The required installation clearance is HF = H + 0.98 (25 mm) (in the case of 1.01 lbs/ft (1.5 kg/m) additional load) If extremely restricted space is available, please consult us.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
Pitch per link: = 1.81” (46 mm)
Links per ft (m): = 6.71 (22)
For center mount applications:
Chain length = s/2 +K
Dependency of the unsupported length on the additional loadX axis: Unsupported length in ft FLB/FLGY axis: Additional load in lbs/ftLower scale: Length of travel S in ftFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
7 widths and 9 bending radii
Diverse possibilities of interior separation
2 variants of mounting brackets
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Separators
Option 2: Shelving
Option 3: Shelves
Separators are one possibility to divise the interior of the openable chain (series 2400/2500). If a large distance between separators is required, it is possible to use separators with wide feet or spacers. Both methods are used predominantly in the case of side-mounted chains.
Shelving This possibility exists for the chains of the series 2400/2500. This is useful if many thin cables with similar or identical diameters are employed. This variant always fills the entire inner width of the chain.
This possibility is available for the Type 2400/2500 snap-open chains. It is useful if many cables with different diameters are employed. Continuous interior separation from chain side to chain side as well as partial division into individual blocks can be achieved.
1. Polymer mounting brackets "pivoting" – standard
2. Polymer mounting brackets "locking"
3. Mounting bracket KMA "pivoting"
4. Mounting bracket KMA "locking"
Guide trough "Super-Alu", "Basic"
Guide trough "Super-Alu", "Heavy Duty"
Guide troughs made of steel
Components, trough "Basic":
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 6.56 ft. (2m)
2. Glide bar, plastic, 6.56 ft. (2m)
3. Glide strips, plastic, 6.56 ft. (2m) (without
glide strips on request)
10. Optional: Silencer profile, rubber
Components, installation set:
4. Bottom clamp, aluminum
5.profile rail, steel galvanized
6. Screw M6 x16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. Interface connector, plastic
Aluminum "Super Trough"- the igus® standard
The Aluminum "SuperTrough" is a modular guide trough system for long travels (when E-Chains® glide on themselves, as per sketch). Aluminum
"SuperTrough" is available in low cost "basic versions" and can be upgraded for heavy duty applications. This universal usage makes it the
igus® recommended new standard trough system.
1. Interface connector
2. Polymer glide bar
3. Bottom clamp
4. Glide strip
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 6.56 ft (2 m)
2. Glide bar, plastic, 6.56 ft (2 m)
3. Glide strips*, plastic, 6.56 ft (2 m)
5. C-profile, steel galvanized
7. Sliding nut M6
9. Bracket "Heavy Duty"
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
*without glide strips on request
1. Aluminium profile
3. Heavy Duty bracket
6. Silencer profile
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Assembly set (red)4. Individual fastening without C-profile5. Length of profile rail
+ Easy assembly with installation sets+ 2-part design - adaptable to chain widths+ Very stable+ Economical+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars part no. 92-30, guide trough with glide bars part no. 92-31
Installation sets as a joint connection part no. 92-50. XX
Data protection declaration