1. The world's largest plastic e-chain® to date (*as in April, 2009)
2. For big, heavy and stiff cables
3. Ideal for use in tough environments such as oil platforms, steelworks and heavy engineering
4. Maintenance-free - no grease or oil required at the pivot points during operation
5. Undercut design ensures extreme rigidity and ability to withstand shear forces
6. Modular design, easy to assemble and install
7. Highly resistant to wear and corrosion as well as to oil and seawater
8. Can be made lengthened or shortened as required
9. Made of plastic, very quiet in operation
10. Electrically insulating
11. Interior separation system can be supplied
12. Mounting brackets can be supplied
13. Straight running due to inner/outer link design
14. Strong cross bars made of black powder-coated steel - optionally available in stainless steel
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 5.91 in. (150 mm) We request feedback in the case of particularly narrow space conditions.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
Pitch per link: = 18.50” (470 mm)
Links per ft (m): = .64 (2)
For center mount applications:
Chain length = s/2 +K
Unsupported length versus fill weightX axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLG
Y axis: Fill weight in kg/ft
Lower scale: Travel S in ft
FLB = Unsupported with permissible sagFLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
Biggest plastic e-chain® in the world* (*as of 04/2009)
Steel mounting brackets
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Standard
As standard, igus® separators are fitted every 2nd chain link!
Please observe minimum clearance from the side links!
Dividing separator 350-1
For vertical division with 450-X on 3 levels.
Horizontal crossbars 450-X
For horizontal division in conjunction with retaining clips
and dividing separators. Horizontal crossbars of various widths can be fitted at 3 different heights.
Mounting with M10 DIN912-8.8 cylinder head screws
Data protection declaration