At igus, we are a community of leaders, designers, developers and communicators working towards one simple goal—providing high-performance “motion plastic” components to customers. With igus solutions (robotic parts, bearings, cable carrier systems, etc.), a technical and economic advantage is delivered to over 200,000 end-users worldwide. Our rapidly growing company has become a household name in engineering but has maintained an agile start-up culture. We are looking to hire a full time Territory Sales Manager to represent our products lines.
In this position, your primary responsibility will be to support existing and develop new customers in implementing igus®, products into various types of automated machinery applications. We are looking for someone who has a high mechanical aptitude with an interest in technology who enjoys building strong customer relationships. This person will be involved in all phases of the sales and support process, from application engineering through after the sales service.
- Application engineering and technical product design assistance for new as well as existing customers (technical training provided)
- Maintaining existing customer base while prospecting and doing market research to find new customers
- Creating and delivering customized sales proposals
- Must demonstrate keen organizational, computer, communication, market research, cold-calling, sales, and closing skills
- Making on-site sales and visits to connect with customers (20-30 hours of local travel per week is expected)
- Self-motivated professional who wants to be part of a fast paced, growing organization
- Aggressive and competitive nature to drive sales growth
- Familiarity with an industrial and/or manufacturing environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or working background in engineering, business or a related field is preferred
- Ability to work independently while producing tangible results
- A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record
- Competitive base salary with annual performance increases, plus monthly bonus and commission payments.
- Benefits program includes medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance and a 3% safe harbor retirement company contribution.
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year, plus 9 holidays.
- Initial three week to two month product training program (depending on experience) at our corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
- Additional training at our global headquarters in Cologne, Germany.
- Cell phone, iPad and laptop equipped with internal company programs to ensure you are always connected.
- Dedicated inside sales and customer service support for assistance.
- Company car provided and mileage reimbursement until car is available.
- Hotel and air travel prepaid by igus plus a per diem allowance for overnight stays.
If interested, please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
and submit a resume.