Technical data about drylin® R linear bearings.
Every igus® bearing has proved itself not only in our test laboratories - which perform over 5,000 tests every year - but also by customers in real-world applications. drylin® R linear bearings are no exception.
For application in extremely dirty environments
For underwater or washdown applications
Compensation of misalignments
Simple insertion and replacement of the liners
Dimensions compatible with standard ball bearings
No need of seals or wipers
The Expert System calculates lifetime, clearance, and generates CAD files and RFQs in one simple program.
The 2:1 Rule and mounting instructions
1. More robust bearing thickness offers longer lifetime Less potential for downtime or replacement costs. Metal-on-metal contact is avoided.
2. Easy-to-replace liner for lower overall costs No scrap aluminum to waste. The liners can also be used alone without the aluminum housing.
3. Lower cost Up to 25% savings possible.
4. drylin® Expert System Exclusive lifetime calculation program.
5. Integrated dirt channels Better performance in aggressive environments.
6. RJI / RJM all-polymer parts available Superior corrosion resistance, low weight, and lower cost.
Exclusive lifetime calculation program
Easy-to-replace liner for lower overall costs
drylin® R does not require the maintenance or downtime associated with recirculating ball bearings, due to its self-lubricating iglide® J liner. The elimination of rolling-element parts also offers the following benefits:
1. Self-lubricating Reduced maintenance and downtime costs. No messy oil or grease to handle.
2. No oil More suited to sensitive environments: laboratory / food / pharmaceutical / packaging / air.
3. Lower cost Savings of up to 60% in some cases, not to mention reduced maintenance costs.
4. Better for dirty environments due to patented dirt channels and dry-running characteristics. No oil to attract dirt, dust, or debris into the system and a more consistent coefficient of friction.
5. Higher accelerations possible Since drylin® R uses a one piece sliding film, instead of recirculating balls, unlimited accelerations are possible without damaging the shafts.
6. Higher static load and better vibration dampening characteristicsPoint-to-point contact is avoided by using the greater surface area of the iglide® J thermoplastic liner.
7. Lighter weight and more compact designs possibleSince the liners are so small, they can be integrated into your designs without the bulk of a recirculating ball bearing. This makes them ideal for aircraft interiors, furniture, and more.
Dirty environments are not an issue due to drylin® R's patented dirt channels and dry-running characteristics.
Split bearings (TJUI / TJUM) and all-polymer versions (RJM / RJI) are available.
Easily replaceable liner
Easy bearing replacement without shaft disassembly
Easily replaceable liner