1. Fully enclosed - very good protection of cables and hoses, also against hot chips2. Small divisions for quiet, smooth operation3. Removable external-radius lid
Inner widths Bi: 2.95 up to 6.89 (75 - 175 mm)Bending radii R: 3.94 up to 11.81 (100 - 300 mm)Pitch: 1.42 (36 mm) per link = 9 links/ft (28/m)
For new designs, we recommend the improved e-chain® Series E2 tubes, R68 new
Series R68 is available from stock in limited numbers. Product support and storage are limited as of 2012.
For questions, please refer to your igus® contact person. Thank you for your understanding
Series R68 – Tube, opens along the outer radius
* The required installation clearance is HF = H + 1.57 (40 mm) (in the case of 1.68 lbs/ft (2.5 kg/m) additional load) If extremely restricted space is available, please consult us.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving End , B=Fixed EndPitch: 1.42 (36 mm) per linkLinks per ft: 9 (28/m)Travel: STube length = S/2 + K
Dependency of the unsupported length on the additional loadX axis: Unsupported length in ft FLB/FLGY axis: Additional load in lbs/ftLower scale: Length of travel S in ftFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
Interior separation is possible
3 variants of mounting brackets
3 widths and 7 bending radii
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1. Separators
Option 2. Shelving
Option 3. Shelves
Separators are used for vertical division of the interior of the energy tube vertical. They are movable and thus allow the interior to be divided into several chambers.
This possibility is useful if many thin cables with similar or identical diameters are employed. This variant always fills the entire inner width of the tube.
This possibility is useful if many cables with different diameters are employed. It is possible to achieve partial division into individual blocks or use the entire width Bi - 0.39 (10 mm). Variant 3 – shelves can only be combined with variant 1 – separators.
1. Mounting brackets - Option 1 "steel, one-piece"
2. Mounting brackets - Option 2 "steel, two-piece"
3. Mounting brackets option 3 "steel, flange"
Guide trough "Super-Alu", "Basic"
Guide trough "Super-Alu", "Heavy Duty"
Guide troughs made of steel
Components, trough "Basic":
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 6.56 ft. (2m)
2. Glide bar, plastic, 6.56 ft. (2m)
3. Glide strips, plastic, 6.56 ft. (2m) (without
glide strips on request)
10. Optional: Silencer profile, rubber
Components, installation set:
4. Bottom clamp, aluminum
5. profile rail, steel galvanized
6. Screw M8 x20
7. Sliding nut M8
8. Interface connector, plastic
Aluminum "Super Trough"- the igus® standard
The Aluminum "SuperTrough" is a modular guide trough system for long travels (when E-Chains® glide on themselves, as per sketch). Aluminum
"SuperTrough" is available in low cost "basic versions" and can be upgraded for heavy duty applications. This universal usage makes it the
igus® recommended new standard trough system.
1. Interface connector
2. Polymer glide bar
3. Bottom clamp
4. Glide strip
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 6.56 ft (2 m)
2. Glide bar, plastic, 6.56 ft (2 m)
3. Glide strips*, plastic, 6.56 ft (2 m)
5. C-profile, steel galvanized
7. Sliding nut M6
9. Bracket "Heavy Duty"
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
*without glide strips on request
1. Aluminium profile
3. Heavy duty bracket
6. Silencer profile
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Assembly set (red)4. Individual fastening without C-profile5. Length of profile rail
+ Easy assembly with installation sets+ 2-part design - adaptable to chain widths+ Very stable+ Economical+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars part no. 93-30, guide trough with glide bars part no. 93-31
Installation sets as a joint connection part no. 93-50. XX
Data protection declaration