Selective laser sintering (SLS) material: iglidur® i8-ESD
The laser sintering material iglidur i8-ESD has a high abrasion resistance and is electrostatically dissipative (ESD). ESD specifications are essential, especially in the electronics industry, to prevent damage to electronic components.
This material is also interesting for all other industries where electrostatic charges are to be avoided.
When to use it?
- Contact resistance 106 to 109 Ohm * cm
- Excellent service life - e.g. pivotable: Abrasion resistance factor 2 according to PA12
- Gear service life calculator for gears made of iglidur i8-ESD
- Rigidity 60% higher than with iglidur® i3
- Suitable for all standard laser sintering systems
- Suitable for standard laser sintering systems with CO2 laser
- Suitable for low-cost laser sintering systems
When not to use it?
- When ESD specifications are required
- For applications under water or with high humidity
- When components with high stiffness are required
- When components with high UV resistance are required
- For gear applications under water
- For gear applications where ESD specifications are required
- When black components are required
- If I want to produce wear-resistant laser sintering components on a low-cost laser sintering system (no CO2 laser required)