iglide® - maintenance-free flange bearings
With this design it is possible to use iglide® high performance plain bearings in locations where recommended housing bore tolerances are not possible. Due to the design of the bearing, high loads are possible although there is a minimal precision requirement of the housing.
Flange bearings made from iglide® A180 are suitable for application in direct contact with foodstuffs. Hence they are the ideal solution for bearing positions on machines for the food and packaging industries, the medical equipment manufacturing, for small equipment for households, etc. The iglide® A180 distinguishes itself also in wet cleaning or where process-dependent contact with wet media is the business of the day by its extremely very little humidity absoption.
- Very good wear resistance
|When to use it?|
- When a screwed-on flange bearing is desired
- When using a clip bearing solution as a plate feed-through is not sufficient
- When extremely high absorption tolerances are present
- When the press fit of a press-in bearing is not sufficient to secure the bearing axially
|When not to use?|
Use our filter options to find the suitable product
- When an additional angular alignment is required
- When a screw connection is not possible
- When a large guide length is required
Various securing methods are considered depending on the loads. For low radial loads, it is sufficient to mount iglide® flange bearings on one surface simply with two bolts. For higher radial loads, it advisable to support the iglide® flange bearing in a hole. For this hole, large tolerances are permitted, since it serves only as additional support for the iglide® flange bearing. In order to achieve higher radial loads in the bearings, the iglide® flange bearing can be press-fit into a recommended housing bore with H tolerances. The additional bolts ensure the fit of the bearing in the housing. No special tools or equipment are required to install iglide® maintenance-free flange bearings. Even aligning bearings on shafts with multiple bearings is easy during installation.
Certificates and standards