iglide® A180 | The FDA-compliant all-around performer
- The iglide® A180 material complies with food and drug administration (FDA) regulations for repeated contact with food
- Good liquid media resistance
- For wet environments
- Good wear-resistance
- Dry-running and maintenance-free
- Standard range from stock
Bearings made from iglide® A180 are suitable for application in direct contact with foodstuffs. Hence they are the ideal solution for bearing positions on machines for the food and packaging industries, the medical equipment manufacturing, for small equipment for households, etc. The iglide® A180 distinguishes itself also in wet cleaning or where process-dependent contact with wet media is the business of the day by its extremely very little humidity absorption. Typical application areasBeverage production & packagingFood production and packagingMedical technology
You will find plenty of additional application areas here: Browse all Industries
Tolerances and measurement system
|When to use it?
- If the bearings have direct contact with food
- When FDA compliance is required
- If low noise level is required
- If low moisture absorption is requested
|When not to use?
Use our filter options to find the most suitable product
- When the maximum abrasion resistance is necessary
- When temperatures are continuously higher than +176°F
- When a cost-effective universal bearing is required
The installation dimensions and tolerances of the iglide® plain bearings are a function of the material and wall thicknesses. For each material, the moisture absorption and the thermal expansion are imperative. Plain bearings with low moisture absorption can be designed with a minimal amount of tolerance. For wall thickness, the rule is: the thicker the bearings are, the larger the tolerances must be.Testing methods Assembly
iglide® bearings are press-fit bearings. The inner diameter adjusts only after press-fit in the proper housing bore with a recommended tolerance. The before press-fit oversized dimension can be up to 2% of the inner diameter. In this manner, the secure press-fitting of the bearing is achieved. Axial or radial shifts in the housing are also prevented.
Certificates and standards