iglide® G300 | The general purpose bearing
- Over 650 sizes available from stock
- High wear resistance
- Resistance to dust and dirt
- Dry-running and maintenance-free
iglide® G300 bearings with flange cover an extremely wide range of different requirements. This universal material is ideal for many applications, truly a general purpose bearing material. Typical applications include medium to high loads, medium surface speeds and medium temperatures. iglide® G300 is the go-to among iglide® materials. It performs exceedingly well in all technical areas and is the classic general purpose performer, primarily with respect to the overall mechanical, thermal and tribological specifications. Typical application areasAgriculture equipmentAutomotive onboard and manufacturingConstruction machineryMachine toolsFitness/physical therapy equipment
You will find plenty of additional application areas here: Browse all Industries
Tolerances and measurement system
|When to use it?
- Economical general purpose performance bearing
- For low to average surface speeds
- When the bearing needs to run on different shaft materials
- For oscillating and rotational movements
|When not to use?
Use our filter options to find the most suitable product
- When mechanical reaming of the wall surface is necessary
- When the highest wear resistance is required
- When universal resistance to chemicals is needed
- If temperatures are constantly higher than +266 °F
- For underwater use
The installation dimensions and tolerances of the iglide® plain bearings are a function of the material and wall thicknesses. For each material, the moisture absorption and the thermal expansion are imperative. Plain bearings with low moisture absorption can be designed with a minimal amount of tolerance. For wall thickness, the rule is: the thicker the bearings are, the larger the tolerances must be.Testing methods Assembly
iglide® bearings are designed to be press-fit bearings. The inner diameter adjusts only after press-fit in the proper housing bore with a recommended tolerance. The pre press-fit dimension can be up to 2% oversized, because of this, of the inner diameter. In this manner, the secure press-fitting of the bearing is achieved. Axial or radial shifts in the housing are also prevented.
Certificates and standards