iglide® - maintenance-free flange bearings
With this design it is possible to use iglide® high performance plain bearings in locations where recommended housing bore tolerances are not possible. Due to the design of the bearing, high loads are possible although there is a minimal precision requirement of the housing.
One main advantage of iglide® J flange bearings is the combination of a low coefficient of friction when running dry and the low stick-slip tendency. With a recommended maximum surface pressure of 5076 psi, iglide® J flange bearings are not suitable for extreme loads.
- Very good wear resistance
|When to use it?|
- When a screwed-on flange bearing is desired
- When using a clip bearing solution as a plate feed-through is not sufficient
- When extremely high absorption tolerances are present
- When the press fit of a press-in bearing is not sufficient to secure the bearing axially
|When not to use?|
Use our filter options to find the suitable product
- When an additional angular alignment is required
- When a screw connection is not possible
- When a large guide length is required
Various securing methods are considered depending on the loads. For low radial loads, it is sufficient to mount iglide® flange bearings on one surface simply with two bolts. For higher radial loads, it advisable to support the iglide® flange bearing in a hole. For this hole, large tolerances are permitted, since it serves only as additional support for the iglide® flange bearing. In order to achieve higher radial loads in the bearings, the iglide® flange bearing can be press-fit into a recommended housing bore with H tolerances. The additional bolts ensure the fit of the bearing in the housing. No special tools or equipment are required to install iglide® maintenance-free flange bearings. Even aligning bearings on shafts with multiple bearings is easy during installation.
Certificates and standards